We are currently recruiting for our client who is a well-established electrical and mechanical engineering services Company operating in the south of England.
Our Client has a wide customer base and typically repair, overhaul and install pumps, motors and gearboxes. Due to their ongoing success we are looking to recruit a Mechanical/Electrical Fitter to start ASAP.
Your New Role:
Joining their team you will install, fit, test, assemble, commission, maintain and repair mechanical systems and equipment. You’ll carry out work to the satisfaction of the customer and the management team.
Key responsibilities include:
– Analyse job cards to determine job status, work authorisations and limitations, estimate, description of problems and expected serviceability
– Test mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems
– Disassemble mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition
– Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical assemblies
– Requisition of replacement parts
– Verify repairs using start-up testing procedures
– Retest reassembled mechanical equipment for proper output and operation
– Work on Customer sites as well as in the Workshop
– Follow all Company Health & Safety procedures and use proper personal protective equipment
Hours: 8:00 – 16:00; Monday to Friday; 35 hours a week – reasonable overtime expected to be worked.
What Do You Need?
The successful Mechanical Fitter will have proven experience in a similar mechanical role; preferably site work within the Water Utility industry. You’ll hold a relevant mechanical engineering qualification and be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge.
You’ll have a positive ‘Can do’ attitude with a flexible approach to work and possess excellent Health and Safety knowledge.